Monday, May 18, 2015

HeroQuest the Series! Behind the Scenes

I took a photo from the HeroQuest set as I was filming Episode 2.  I thought I would share a glimpse into the camera setup I use to produce this series.




My camera of choice is a Panasonic Lumix GH4.  This camera has been a blessing when it comes to filming stop motion video.  Having the ability to shoot video in 4k allows me to crop my shots by 1/4. With cropping, I can gain an artificial zoom and still maintain full focus.





















I paired the camera with the Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 lens.  The extreme shallow depth of field helps give this film series the feel of a fantasy environment.





The Manfrotto MK055XPRO3-3W 055 Kit is a fantastic tripod. The legs can lay flat which allows for extreme worm's eye shots. The multiple head angles and rotational center stack help me to postion the camera directly over the area of the game board (see the 1st blog photo).

This should give you a small glimpse into how I create my stop motion videos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment